In order to maintain the health of our children and staff, students who are sick will be sent home. Students may not return to the center until they are symptom free for 24 hours. This policy is meant to prevent the spread of illnesses and ensure our facility remains a safe environment for everyone.
For the safety and security of all the children and staff, the facility entrances are locked while children are present. The front entrance doors have a key pad and camera at each door. All exterior doors remain locked throughout the day. The Center has interior and exterior security cameras and a building-wide intercom system to ensure that our facility remains a safe place to learn and achieve. We adhere to all Anne Arundel County School lock-down alerts and are tied in with local law enforcement agencies and fire departments in the event of an emergency.
Peanut & Tree Nut Policy:
As the Child Development Center is a shared space facility, we cannot guarantee a completely nut-free environment. However, we are aware that some children do have nut allergies, and we therefore prohibit tree nuts and peanuts products and any related product whenever and wherever possible. Even if your child has no allergies, please do not send your child to school with foods containing nuts or nut products in order to protect the children who are allergic.
This also includes occasions when there may be special treats such as cupcakes, cookies or candy for birthdays and other parties.If you should have any questions or concerns, please see the office.
- When Anne Arundel County Public Schools are closed, the Center will have a delay in opening. The Center will open at 8:45 am.
- When Anne Arundel County Public Schools are delayed in opening, the Center will open at normally scheduled time of 6:45 am
- When the Federal Government is closed, the Center will be closed.
- When the Federal Government is delayed in opening, the Center will be open at 8:45 am.
- The Frog and Tadpole preschool classes will cancelled when Anne Arundel County Schools are closed.
- The Frog preschool class will begin at 10:30 am when Anne Arundel County Schools are delayed in opening.
- The Tadpole preschool class is 10:30 am to 12:30 pm when Anne Arundel County Schools are delayed in opening.
Copyright 2013. Crofton United Methodist Church Child Development Center. All rights reserved.